Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CHIEF
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who think that the Ford dealership will not reflash your ECU, think again! Took in my auto today for an oil change and had them look at a starter issue. I didn't tell them not to reflash because I wanted to see if they would. There was no fault codes found for any starter issues before I took it in and they found none when they checked. Battery failed the load check ,they changed it, and sent me on my merry way. When I got home I checked the strategy code and sure enough they had re-flashed my ECU. I called Bama tuning and they're taking care of everything. Bottom line is to always check your strategy code before taking your car in for maintenance and letting it get out your sight and tell them not to reflash for whatever reason!

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
For those who think that the Ford dealership will not reflash your ECU, think again! Took in my auto today for an oil change and had them look at a starter issue. I didn't tell them not to reflash because I wanted to see if they would. There was no fault codes found for any starter issues before I took it in and they found none when they checked. Battery failed the load check ,they changed it, and sent me on my merry way. When I got home I checked the strategy code and sure enough they had re-flashed my ECU. I called Bama tuning and they're taking care of everything. Bottom line is to always check your strategy code before taking your car in for maintenance and letting it get out your sight and tell them not to reflash for whatever reason!
Ford will definitely reflash your ECU, if not told otherwise. I'm glad to hear my Bama team has getting you taken care of! Let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought the little aluminum "do not flash" cover for the obd2 port from steeda

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
im allset with the steelership going anywhere near my car

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
All the more reason why the only day the dealership saw my car was the day it came off the truck. Never since. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts