Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sooo close!!! I have dynomax catback and a catted X. It sounds mean at idle(borderline too loud for the neighbors on Sunday mornings) and mean when I get on it, and a nice crackle pop when I downshift - which I LOVE !!!!. But at 5-10 mph driving away from the people at the gas station ogling my black and chrome Mustang or sitting at the light giving it gas sounds extremely weak.
I've had them a year, 5k miles, will they still get a little louder as they wear? Anything I can do to accelerate them wearing out?
Would cutting off the cats help? Headers, but big bucks for headers and install?
Or do I need to just trash the dynomax and start over with pypes or loudmouths, but then I'm looking at too loud?:confused:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Open Headers? :llama

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, but I'd have to come move in with you since the neighbors would boot me out, especially if thats you in the picture

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'd get a o/r h or x pipe with some LM II. Then if your neighbors boot you out, you can live in your awesome car :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd get a o/r h or x pipe with some LM II. Then if your neighbors boot you out, you can live in your awesome car :)
This, but instead of living in your car, just throw some resonators in to quiet it down a little if you like the sound.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not just cut out my cats? And if I'm going to trash these dynomax, why not do the unspeakable and drill a few holes in them, that will give me a few more decibels ?? I'm pretty close.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I would replace the dynomax with stingers, magnapacks, pypes mid muffler or any straight thru axleback. These will really compliment the x pipe.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, after a billion sound clips on you tube, I ordered pypes violators from AM last friday, will see how those work out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts