Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second post on this forum. stanglifemike turned me on to this forum and I see why. Loads of information here.

Hoping to hook with other like mine stang enthusiasts, like mike, to discuss mods, share information, work towards lower ets and handing it to the competition (GM products ;-) )

So..what I have is a 2006 GT, Paxton HO, BMR LCA, Panard, Drop brackets, FRPP lowering springs, Basssani Race exhaust, Offroad X, SLP Line Lock, 4.10 gears, Weld RT 15" rims rear, 4" fronts...MT 28.1 x 12" rears..475 RWHP.

I have been to the track once last week and got into the 12.2 range and that was short shifting the 1-2 at 1.68 60 foot.

Wondering what else is left to mod to get her deep into the 11s. Not ready for the forging just yet but next spring.

From what I have discussed with some is cams might pickup 40HP, LTs maybe 20. I can lower weight by going with a aluminum DS...

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
818 Posts
First, welcome to the show, and nice et's. I'd definately do longtubes with a blower.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
should be in the 11's with what you have now.
I agree. I think you should just focus on driving the car and not keep throwing money at it. Just practice more and save the money to fix broken parts and you should see your ET goal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ok im not really into sharing secrets but the best i got is a stumpy antenna itll do wonders trust me tried and true

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
driver mod for sure. I only have a single day in the seat at the track. I am going to a big event in Georgia this Sunday...all Mustangs.

A high school friend of mine with a GTO called me out. He is running a procharger. I cant go down to him...He will never let me live it down ;-)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh...and where are my manners... nice to meet everyone. Are there many southeast members around?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts