Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a few questions
1. every once in a while my car abs light comes on, and the trac off light comes one,
trac off light wont go back off if i push button

then they go off in like 5 minuets usually, last time i noticed that the little spinny tire light showed up for a little seconed or 2 and all 3 lights went off

2. nitrous i am buying JayManz zex kit with Dynotune pressure controlled bottle heater, zex purge kit, and zex window switch along with the nitrous management unit with WOT(wide open throttle switch) and a bottle pressure gauge.

now: custom tune, yes or no? goods or bads? should i retard timing or what?
I want to make this a SAFE setup, will only be useing 3-4 months out of the year, up in Oregon it rains a lot lol.

also going to be installing this kit myself, watched the video on american muscle looks rather easy.

and any other tidbits of info to help me not be another youtube video :eek: ?

Thanks alot
-Nate

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
Get a SCT or Diablosport and take it to a shop to get it dyno tuned. They can turn your traction control off with the programmer too.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
really? it has a WOT switch? the zex NMU does all that off the TPS so I wonder why it ahs a WOT switch. I would also get a set of spark plugs since your going spray. If you go on the zex site and download their installation intructions it will tell you almost everything you need to know, even the timing tidbits

·
Registered
291 Posts
really? it has a WOT switch? the zex NMU does all that off the TPS so I wonder why it ahs a WOT switch. I would also get a set of spark plugs since your going spray. If you go on the zex site and download their installation intructions it will tell you almost everything you need to know, even the timing tidbits
what he means by WOT switch, is its built into zex's control module, it reads the ohms on the TPS, i think its like 5 ohms or something like that at WOT.......anyways, when max ohms is reached, the zex control module's WOT switch is activated, releasing nitrous and fuel out at a controled rate, zex is probably the EASIEST kit to work with, BUT you must understand that 75shot is NOT a true 75shot, its more like a 45-50hp shot....zex rates their hp to the flywheel NOT to the rear wheels like competition brands such as N/X or NOS

if you want to shoot a TRUE 100shot with a zex system, your gonna need to shot probably a zex 150shot

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
what he means by WOT switch, is its built into zex's control module, it reads the ohms on the TPS, i think its like 5 ohms or something like that at WOT.......anyways, when max ohms is reached, the zex control module's WOT switch is activated, releasing nitrous and fuel out at a controled rate, zex is probably the EASIEST kit to work with, BUT you must understand that 75shot is NOT a true 75shot, its more like a 45-50hp shot....zex rates their hp to the flywheel NOT to the rear wheels like competition brands such as N/X or NOS

if you want to shoot a TRUE 100shot with a zex system, your gonna need to shot probably a zex 150shot
That is what i said.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im in the portland/hillsboro corvallis area depending on the time of the year lol.
is it really worth taking it to someone to dyno tune it for me? or they just going basically give me a tune for my sct to put on there thats basically the same as the tunes i can get from where i get the sct tuner

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
im in the portland/hillsboro corvallis area depending on the time of the year lol.
is it really worth taking it to someone to dyno tune it for me? or they just going basically give me a tune for my sct to put on there thats basically the same as the tunes i can get from where i get the sct tuner
When i get mine done, im going to put it on the dyno to watch the A/F ratio so I can put the correct jets in to make it right so its not too rich or too lean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts