Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was going to put seafoam in my crank just for precation i really dont think theres any sludge but on here everyone says to put it in and run it for 500 miles but everywhere else i read says i should put it in and run the car for 5-10 mins and then change the oil? whats that about?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Run it for 300 miles and then drop the oil.
run an oil flush liquid through it and then fill her back up with what you decide to use

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i put my seafoam in my crank for 300 miles then buy a cheap filter and oil and run a system flush and then run the oil and filter i want? what if i did the flush on some synthetic blend?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
so i put my seafoam in my crank for 300 miles then buy a cheap filter and oil and run a system flush and then run the oil and filter i want? what if i did the flush on some synthetic blend?
No. You dont put a cheap filter in after the seafoam has been added. You just drive the car 300-500 miles then flush the oil. Put synthetic or whatever you want in it after the flush. You can flush synthetic with non-synthetic....it wont hurt anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts