Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ever since i installed my o/r x pipe my check engine light came on, so i went an got mil eliminators, which did not turn the light off. so i took it to autozone to have the check engine light tested an it had 5 codes 1) p1131 2) p0136 3) p1151 4) p0420 5) p0430. this is where it gets weird i get god awful gas mileage above half a tank of fuel and at half or less i get normal gas mileage and i have a miss every once in awhile. the plugs and coils are new can someone please help

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Sounds like to much fuel is being dumped into it

but I dont know much im just trying to raise my post count

p1131 = o2 sensor I think

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Check your intake setup. Mine came loose and was giveing me a lean code for both banks.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
p0420 p0430 are Cat codes. p0136 is your O2 sensor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont have cats and i have replaced the 02 sensors
the autozone guy said i may have a bad maf

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
yea. the code is saying you have a problem with the cats because you don't have them and it thinks you do. It's comeing form the o2 sensors. Did you get new o2 sensors when you put the mid pipe in?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Trust me, check the intake setup for a brake in the setup. Mine came loose after the MAF and gave me the same codes. have you cleaned your MAF at all? it could just need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no i havent try cleaning it. i took the intake off today an put it back on checking for any leaks of any kind. however now that i think about it i only replaced the passenger side sensor, i may try cleaning the maf tomorrow, and if that doesnt help im gonna take it to a local mustang shop an see what they can come up with. im just tired of dealing with problems lol

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
don't mean to ask a stupid question but did you put the MIL's on the rear 02's only? and you have to reset the computer after you put em on, might try that as well

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
You get the same gas mileage all the time. it drops faster after the half because of the guage is flawed. fill your car up at half a tank and youll see what im talking about.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i didnt put my MIL eliminators on the rear O2 sensors i put em on the set near the trans and i didnt have to reset the ECU. if you touch the part of the O2 sensor that is inside the pipe with your hands you will mess them up and need new ones so that might be an issue also. id start with figuring out what the codes are for and go from there.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Smooth, Ya but he said he gets good gas mileage under a half tank and horrible above, which usually you think you get better gas mileage above cause your gauge is pegged out on full

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
i didnt put my MIL eliminators on the rear O2 sensors i put em on the set near the trans and i didnt have to reset the ECU. if you touch the part of the O2 sensor that is inside the pipe with your hands you will mess them up and need new ones so that might be an issue also. id start with figuring out what the codes are for and go from there.
Thats the rear ones. There is no way you are running around with MIL's on your front 02's with no problems at all

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
The ones on the trans are your fronts but yeah your right theres no way he would be driving it around fine

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my mil eliminators are on the rears only? when i bought the set the guy said they only go on the back.. is this true??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts