Modded Mustang Forums banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
ANd thats just sad bc you shouldnt have to relocate bc of who you date but that being said my wife doesnt want us to move to a small country town bc of the fear that something would happen to me bc of our relationship.
Your wife is smart. I as a white boy would not move into a all black neighbor hood and have to deal with the crap I would get from my black neighbors just cause Im white.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
And you dont leave the south why? You don't like the feeling yet you stay?
I myself want leave the south bc its where im from but more importantly its where my family lives and I love to see and visit my family. But the majority of my life is spent on the inside of my house with my wife and kids no matter if that was in the north,south, east or west there is no hate or racism going on in there/here.

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
**** I live in South Carolina....

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Just like in the other thread you said you get offended/mad when you see a White girl dating a "Ghetto Black dude".
He's not alone. But he's not angry about it being a ghetto black dude, he's angry about it being a ghetto dude. This "ghetto" mentality typically describes someone who is rude, brash, and uneducated, regardless of color or background. Generally it's associated with scum, and seeing any woman with scum is unpalatable. I don't care what color he is, but if his pants are sagging and he doesn't speak something resembling English, he needs to get his act together.

@Nightmare, I'm not sure what black people you talk to but I sure as hell never felt on any eggshells. One of my best friends growing up was black and we were fine. Some of my better customers when I worked retail were black and I would have the same conversations I'd have with them as I would a white dude. I hardly feel the "walkin' on eggshells" thing anymore.
There is definitely a racial tension, though it's not a blanket statement that involves everyone. I've been friends with a number of people of other races, in this case we'll consider blacks. Some I could be completely comfortable with, speak my mind and that was that. Some even let things fly that I wouldn't. There was one girl I was very close with from a very well off, well educated family, and some of the things she said (about blacks mind you)might make a redneck cringe. The worst however was the kind that as mentioned before you had to be very careful around. It wasn't about matters of race either, it was too often that everything became misconstrued as race. You couldn't say words like "black" "hang" "40" because no matter the context, it became a racial issue.

"Hey man, want to pass me the chocolate milk?"
"What the ****? Is it because I'm black? I can only pass you chocolate milk? Get your own damn milk!"
"Dude. Chill out. There is literally a jug of chocolate milk next to you. Could you kindly pass it to me?"
**** like that would happen all the time. You always had to think 3 words ahead so you didn't let slip anything that could even reference race. It was horrible.

Last, about the topic of interracial relationships, that cuts both ways. I'd hate to see any one side painted as the guilty party. As a white boy who has hung out with some black female friends of mine, a fair share of dirty looks, remarks, and even threats have been thrown my way, especially in the city.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
I want to move from Nebraska to a bigger city...

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
Your wife is smart. I as a white boy would not move into a all black neighbor hood and have to deal with the crap I would get from my black neighbors just cause Im white.
The neighborhood we just left before we moved from that side of town it was like 90% black and she was kinda uncomfortable when we first got there but she was suprised that they sat around and talked to her moreso than me on a daily basis. They would speak to me but hold conversations with her and im not talking about the males bc i dont play that $hit im talkin about the females. she expected to be rejected in that area but it was the complete opposite. I think you would be fine if you were in an mixed relationship in a black neighborhood. Now when i visit her area back in the boot ppl around her area where her stepdad and mother lives they give me a glancing look but rarely make eyecontact with me kinda look away when I look in their direction. Last time she took a trip there without me and her and her mom was in walmart with our daughter she said alot of ppl were looking at her mom and her oddly bc of our childs skintone. She said she pointed it out to her mom but her mom said "pay it no mind I noticed it whenever we go anywhere" but it kinda just goes back to yes slavery was the thing of yesterday but racism, sterotypes etc... are the things of today

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
@Wicked, that chocolate milk thing to me is, frankly, funny as ****. That's how absurd it is to me lol. I guess I've been lucky to not have to deal with it, especially being in the South :shrug

You are correct about "ghetto" though, adding the "black" is just an unnecessary adjective. "Ghetto" is the negative part, as you said. "Black" is just an added way to describe him. I've seen good looking girls with "ghetto white" and "ghetto black" homies. To me, there are all just classified as chumps, lol.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Last time she took a trip there without me and her and her mom was in walmart with our daughter she said alot of ppl were looking at her mom and her oddly bc of our childs skintone. She said she pointed it out to her mom but her mom said "pay it no mind I noticed it whenever we go anywhere" but it kinda just goes back to yes slavery was the thing of yesterday but racism, sterotypes etc... are the things of today
Well there's your problem. Have you seen some of the people there? I don't care what color they are, there are some freaky people there.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Walmart is a very judgmental place. I get pointed and stared at in there too! Course, i feel like they want to rape me....

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
Well there's your problem. Have you seen some of the people there? I don't care what color they are, there are some freaky people there.
Lets be real walmart was a place i narrowed it down too istead of listing everysingle place.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
He's not alone. But he's not angry about it being a ghetto black dude, he's angry about it being a ghetto dude. This "ghetto" mentality typically describes someone who is rude, brash, and .
I would agree with you on that assumtion if these were not the exact words "The thing that gets me mad is when I see hot young white girls hooked up with ghetto black dudes. I mean the ones who were the panty hose on their heads and waist of their pants around their knees. That really gets under my skin, why I dont know. Why are these girls with them? Piss daddy off, cause MTV says black are cool, BBC?...I dont know." I could be wrong though and misread it somehow if so then im in the wrong on that.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
. You couldn't say words like "black" "hang" "40" because no matter the context, it became a racial issue.

"Hey man, want to pass me the chocolate milk?"
"What the ****? Is it because I'm black? I can only pass you chocolate milk? Get your own damn milk!"
"Dude. Chill out. There is literally a jug of chocolate milk next to you. Could you kindly pass it to me?"
**** like that would happen all the time. You always had to think 3 words ahead so you didn't let slip anything that could even reference race. It was horrible.

Last, about the topic of interracial relationships, that cuts both ways. I'd hate to see any one side painted as the guilty party. As a white boy who has hung out with some black female friends of mine, a fair share of dirty looks, remarks, and even threats have been thrown my way, especially in the city.
Ive never seen someone respond like that about the "chocolate milk" and be dead serious about that ive seen some black cats do it to eachother jokingly and to a few white cats jokingly but not seriously. If someone does that seriously then they have some issues but thats just my opinion though. as far as the "40s" it is all about the context like on fox news when they were talking about the president and when he visited Ireland to visit his cousins they showed a pic of him drinking from the large beer mugs and said "the president is sipping 40s while this and this is going on in the states" context does make a difference

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Lets be real walmart was a place i narrowed it down too istead of listing everysingle place.
Was the awful house another place? err, I mean Waffle house? :tomato That's another place that's usually sketchy as hell. Makes your skin crawl just walking in there.

Of course with the aforementioned "friend" he would probably take the waffle remark as derogatory. Probably something like "Waffle house? Oh, just because I'm black I like chicken and waffles?" It was not intended as such. Come on, just because I like calzone doesn't make me Italian.

Can you imagine if I went around like that guy though? "Can you pass me the saltine crackers?" "Cracker? You watch your dirty whore mouth!" "Do you want some vanilla coffee?" "Oh, just because I'm white I need to have vanilla coffee you racist?"

...I do love vanilla coffee though. DD vanilla coffee is like crack to me.

Backtracking to the "ghetto" remarks...
Why is it you often see other cultures mimicking black culture (or others), but you seldom see the reverse? Is it that much of a taboo? Go to any college and you can find some white kid with dreds who thinks he's from Jamaica, or wears basketball jerseys that look like dresses, etc... but I don't think I've ever come across a black guy driving by in a lifted diesel pickup off to a nascar race.

...unless you count Darius Rucker. Hootie (or is he the blowfish?) loves him some country.

And since when did 40's and cheap malt liquor get associated with one race? I regrettably have had my fair share of experiences with them. I'm sure any college student has.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Can you start calling yourselves "white men" for a change. I get so angry seeing y'all calling yourselves "white boys" all the time. Just like the N word is a denigrating term to blacks, white boy is the subtle emasculation of whites. Like zippee said, words mean something. Call yourself a boy if you want. I'm a man. And if you don't think it's a disrespectful term, walk up to a group of black men and call them black boys.

I'm a proud white man. I'm not a racist white man, but I'm a man, not a boy. I refuse to be anything else.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
there was this black kid in 8th grade who i was kinda sorta friends with. we talked occasionally and were in a few classes together. he walked up next to me one day and said "sup white boy?" and i said "sup black boy?" and he started getting in my face asking what i said, then he told me he was going to to kick my ass if i ever said anything like that again

:lmao

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
there was this black kid in 8th grade who i was kinda sorta friends with. we talked occasionally and were in a few classes together. he walked up next to me one day and said "sup white boy?" and i said "sup black boy?" and he started getting in my face asking what i said, then he told me he was going to to kick my ass if i ever said anything like that again

:lmao
thats him being a hypocrite hopefully he's matured a bit mentally and socially from the 8th grade til now. Gotta live and learn.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
thats him being a hypocrite hopefully he's matured a bit mentally and socially from the 8th grade til now. Gotta live and learn.
But at the same time some ppl are in their mid 20s, and late 30s and still havent matured a bit. childish grown people in some cases its all about respect and some ppl only respect themselves and no one else and they show it through actions and words.

241 - 259 of 259 Posts