Modded Mustang Forums banner

Which One Is Your Personal Pick; and Why?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a MAC O/R H-Pipe.. Now I just need a set of mufflers to go with it.. I can't decide between Flow 40s or MAC Flowpaths.. I want it nice and loud but, I personally dont like the sound of straight through.. so magnaflow is outta the picture. Tell me what you like for a offroad set up to be rumbly and still have a good loudness to it.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i dont want to vote because i have flows 40 and i havnt heard anything else in person. Personally i like the sound of my exhaust, it could be louder. I have True Straight Duals

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i dont want to vote because i have flows 40 and i havnt heard anything else in person. Personally i like the sound of my exhaust, it could be louder. I have True Straight Duals
i agree... ...i have heard other members of this forum that have borla and they sound pretty bad ass... but they have long tube headers as well

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
flow 40s IMO you might wanna go with something a bit quieter though with a catless setup

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
i agree... ...i have heard other members of this forum that have borla and they sound pretty bad ass... but they have long tube headers as well
+1
Borla does sound good if you do LTs and a HF or o/r h-pipe along with the catback. So im not voting.
Maybe ill do a sound clip tomorrow if i remember.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I ordered a MAC O/R H-Pipe.. Now I just need a set of mufflers to go with it.. I can't decide between Flow 40s or MAC Flowpaths.. I want it nice and loud but, I personally dont like the sound of straight through.. so magnaflow is outta the picture. Tell me what you like for a offroad set up to be rumbly and still have a good loudness to it.
The 40's with the O/R h-pipe will be as loud as you'll ever want. Plus , that rumbly sound you're looking for is what flowmaster is known for. I'll admit, I've only heard clips of the others. But from those clips I chose Flowmaster. I am not at all disappointed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i have mac lt's, off road h and maccatback w/ flowpaths and its 99.9% v8 sounding i think + its extremely loud at wot and not raspy at all really.

·
Registered
730 Posts
oh and i forgot to add that it has a really deep growl and at idle it has a nice rumble if u want me too ill get sum clips

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
+1
Borla does sound good if you do LTs and a HF or o/r h-pipe along with the catback. So im not voting.
Maybe ill do a sound clip tomorrow if i remember.
:lmao i have been pushing you for one for months you wont do it... NO BALLS!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I havent been impressed with borlas on a sixer. On a v8 is a different story.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
by far the flowmaster 40s, but besides that MAC, everyone gets flows on there v6 because there the BEST sounding, theres a reason everyone gets them, the MAC/borla/magnaflow etc etc will flow better then flowmaster but the 40s are by far the best sound on the 3.8s, go with the L/T headers Off road H and flowmaster 40s, best sound out there

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh and i forgot to add that it has a really deep growl and at idle it has a nice rumble if u want me too ill get sum clips
please sir

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't been impressed with straight through designed Borlas.. now I haven't heard chambered before..

no my goal isn't to sound like a v8 just a clean, clear, and pretty loud sound

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I haven't been impressed with straight through designed Borlas.. now I haven't heard chambered before..

no my goal isn't to sound like a v8 just a clean, clear, and pretty loud sound
SSStang the muffler doctor here:

So you say? You don't wanna sound like an 8. (*writes on pad*)

Your not impressed with borla's 4cyl raspy ness... (*writes on pad*)

*Walks out of the room*

*walks back in with prescription*

You sir want magnaflow mufflers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SSStang the muffler doctor here:

So you say? You don't wanna sound like an 8. (*writes on pad*)

Your not impressed with borla's 4cyl raspy ness... (*writes on pad*)

*Walks out of the room*

*walks back in with prescription*

You sir want magnaflow mufflers.
I have heard Magnapacks and I am EXTREMELY unimpressed. I didn't like the sound at all. Sound very integraish.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Flow 40's, IMO.

All the other sounds are nice...ish. And very unique. But then it comes down to preference. You seem like you just want your car to not sound like the pussy it was when it came of the lot. And that, my friend, says, "Buy the fooooortiesssss".

:2cents

Also borla's on a sixer sounds too much like it's trying to be a 350. Recommend that exhaust setup to MustangMo. ;)

-poindexter-

P.S. Last I heard there was a rumor that 40's are really hard to find. Something about them being discontinued. Hopefully it's just a rumor started to make me wanna kick a hole in my buddies VW, though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts