Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Keep what you got and make them pay for all repairs and get a new warranty

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Start out, I bought my 2002 GT in may 07. Paid 12.5, had a $1500 dollar for a 24month/26k miles. Add in all the other tax and stuff and it comes out to be like 16k. Everything goes though, get my car, get my insurance, license plate, yippee do da.
Fast forward to Nov 07, My radiator cracks, I replace it, swap hoses and crap. I didn’t really push the warranty at all because I hadn’t been checking my fluids, bad me, could have been low for months, thus warranty wont cover, so I just fixed and moved on, no big deal.

Some time in December I notice my coolant is leaking, don’t know where but its a slow leak, I refill it every few weeks, no big deal. I have been keeping my eyes out for where it comes from, no luck.

3March, I finally find the leak, coming out of the back of my intake, I take the hose off and where the tube connects is dry rotted and cracked. I take it to the shop, Call the warranty company up, and here’s the fun part. They have no record of my car or my name in their system. I call my dealership up that I bought the car from, they tell me that they had a problem back then and they will rerun the paperwork now to reset the warranty. They fill out new paperwork, put the old mileage when I bought the car, fill out everything and then date it 1Feb08. The manager sends in a fax and says she is sending in the check. This was all last week by Wednesday, I talked to the warranty comp that day, they get my info and everything.

On Thursday neither myself or the shop that’s working on my car can get a hold of my claims agent. Wont return calls or anything, at this point my car is finished and ready to get picked up. We give them a few days. Today, Tuesday the following week, I still haven’t heard back from them, I get a hold of the manager and find out that they have only gotten a fax, and yet to get the paper copy with the check. He then tells me that they will not accept this contract because of the time elapsed from when I bought it and today, as well as the dealership back dating the contract one month as well as my car sitting in the shop with repairs costing $1600 on a warranty check for $1500.

So here I am, I paid for my car and picked it up, I got the dealership by the balls because on my contract for the car is states that I paid $1500 for my warranty that they did not honor. So now decisions.

Do I 1, just get them to pay for my rental car, repair costs, and make them get me a new warranty. Or do I turn around and make them take back the car, refund me my money, pay for the repairs/rental, and I go get myself a new, better car.

So far, My car has 110k miles, I have replaced both forward ball bearings on my wheels, All break pads were crap and replaced. I have replaced my Trany Mount because it was also cracked, I have 2 motor mounts on my floor that need to be installed because my old ones are crap as well. Replaced my Radiator, thermostat as well as my Intake. And my oil filter block has been leaking since I got it(very slow/small leak).

I am really thinking about getting my money back, and going newer and faster then taking the chance that less stuff is going to break.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh Ya, Car came with MAC CAI installed, So far I have only put Magnaflow Catback system on it, and I will remove these and throw stocks up there if I do intend to give the car back. I have headers and stuff on the way but I can cancle/return the parts and get new items from the dealers if I do decide to swap.

·
Registered
971 Posts
With all those problems give it back with a big smile on your face.

·
Registered
649 Posts
that car is a black hole for your wallet waiting to happen. if you try to push your hp in car with broken, leaking, crumbling parts more crap gonna break. do yourself a favor and send it back. if you can, build one yourself. start with a decent shell and get badass drivetrain.

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
My '03 GT was my bad luck car... I'd give it back and get something else. This may be your bad luck car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts