Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my car is in the shop getting a new hood, bumper, grille, and headlights. I bought some black Shelby hood pins but now I'm almost having second thoughts about drilling my new hood. I like the pins, but it also looks good without them. I just can't make up my mind. I haven't actually seen the car since the hood was painted but I'm going to go up there tomorrow and look at it and I guess just lay it out and see what it looks like with and without the pins. What's y'alls opinion on these pins?

Shelby Mustang Black Aluminum Hood Pin Kit (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
honestly, i kind of regret putting pins on mine (i have the same pins). next time i think i'll just get the WMS stealth pins. the pins are kind of an eyesore.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, you could wait and see what your hood looks like when you go get it. What hood did you get?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where can i find a picture of your car? i got the Kaenen 3" cowl. Also, who do i talk to about a "forum discout" from AM. I've ordered a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff from them. Didn't know about a discount.....:banghead

·
Registered
208 Posts
where can i find a picture of your car? i got the Kaenen 3" cowl. Also, who do i talk to about a "forum discout" from AM. I've ordered a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff from them. Didn't know about a discount.....:banghead
You can message AMChrisrose for a possible discount. Who's car do you want a pic of?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
101fng showing the pins on the car. i looked at the pics on AM and they all look pretty good, I just don't really want to drill holes in this hood then not like it. Silver car and I'm having some matte black stripes painted on, have black wheels, grille and headlights too and that's why i went with these pins. Just having second thoughts now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mr.Stang08 has a silver with stripes and what looks like hood pins. Check out his too. Although no cowl hood though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'm gonna swing by the shop tomorrow and look at the car with and without the pins. Might have some hood pins for sale lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
No pins! I think it would look like overkill, My opinion, but Yea you should wait to see how it looks when you get it back

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've been looking around online for a while and i think you're right. that might just be a bit too much. guess i'll make my mind up tomorrow.

·
Registered
872 Posts
To me, hood pins fall in line with the spoiler, scoop, and louver crowd. Nothing wrong with it, it's just part of "that" look. If it's not for you, I'd pass on it.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
I got those pins and I like them... but I like the look too. I got them because my after market hood fluttered really badly at high speed and made me nervous. The pins solved that problem completely.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Im not a big fan of pins, but thats just me.

You could always put double sided tape of them and mock it up just to see

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
...soooo. Can I have your pins if you're not gonna use 'em?

just sayin'

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i love the pins. never gave my hood a chance to flutter as i had the holes cut before i had the hood painted. not one regret. only reason i didn't go with the black pins is because the say shelby.

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
Don't use the pins. After a while they will wear the chrome off and then you will start to see rust unless you plan on replacing the pins every few months or so.(I had pins on my old Pony)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I just got my Kaenan 3" cowl painted. I had the Scott-Drake/Shelby hood pins on my OEM hood but I can't bring myself to put them on the new hood. I don't think they look right. If you want something to get rid of the hood flutter than the WMS Stealth Hood Pins are a good option.

Another thing about the hood pins that you got. Scott-Drake stopped making the Black version because they couldn't stop them from wearing the Black off after use.

Don't use the pins. After a while they will wear the chrome off and then you will start to see rust unless you plan on replacing the pins every few months or so.(I had pins on my old Pony)
LOL... What??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts