Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a topic on stayin a sleeper or go ahead and do a body kit. my desicion didnt get any easier. your opinions, vote, comments, and suggestons might help me.

sleeper set up- 2000 cobra r hood, roush stg2 shin spoiler, cobra/bullitt side skirts, bullitt side scoops, stock or mayber roush wing, maybe a set of fr500's

flashy- saleen front bumper, saleen rear bumper, cobra/bullitt/saleen skirts, roush wing, r hood, 19in wheels

if i stay stockish looking, i thought about having stock front wheels narrowed for a skinny, and add an inch to the rears. do that for the nights i want to go out and pick on some unexpecting "bad asses" around here. anything you suggest to add or remove?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
sleeper, stock wing, 00 wing's are nice and youll save money. stock wheels, there the best one's stock. If it were me doing your project I would keep car completely stock looking except R hood and chin spoiler. Silver looks good, 00 wing looks good, and there the best looking stock wheels, youll save money that can go towards mo power!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i posted a topic on stayin a sleeper or go ahead and do a body kit. my desicion didnt get any easier. your opinions, vote, comments, and suggestons might help me.

sleeper set up- 2000 cobra r hood, roush stg2 shin spoiler, cobra/bullitt side skirts, bullitt side scoops, stock or mayber roush wing, maybe a set of fr500's
? thats a sleeper? lol. i say for sleeper mode just get your wheels done like you are talkin about.. skinnied in the front and wide in the back.. thats a sleeper... my car is just lowdered, fr500s deep dish in back, black spoiler and some black paint on the hood and thats all im doin to exterior... if you want to pick on "bad asses" i dont think you should worry about any kind of looks until you are "the badass"..... my buddy has a 700rwhp cobra and he started talkin about doin exterior stuff and i was like well.... you can do that because you outrun modded gsxr 1000's. but as for me, im gonna look slow until im one of the fastest

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i like the wheels too, i think they are the best stock wheels the mustangs got except for the 04 that got the cobra look a likes. i like these wheels a hell of a lot better than the bullitt wheels. i really like the fr500's but just dont want to have to buy 315's for the 10.5. that is the only thing that stops me from them. nitto only makes a 555 up to a 295, after that its all DR's.

the r hood isnt that noticable compared to a stocker really. side skirts and side scoops arent a noticeable difference, wont ever notice unless you are looking for them. i hate the bottom angle of the stock front bumper. the mach chin is ok, but the roush isnt seen as much. i am the fastest 4.6 2v around this area to date. and for poweradder 4.6 2v cars, i have beat the s/c cars around here, and there is a new edge that just installed a hellion kit. me and him are going to eventually race, but i have to get a day off to get a chance.

i also thought about the termi spoiler too, hell almost bought one too long ago. i just really dont like the look of them on a silver car. i love silver, but i think its one of the hardest colors to mess with also.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i say get some antharicite bullits, a mach ching spoiler, throw on a 95 cobra R hood, honeycomb black out panel sold on americanmuslce.com,get some tint if you dont have it, lower it if you dont have that done, and you have a sexy ride, very very sexy stang then

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
im all about the sleeper look, as you can tell by my car lol. anyways keep it simple and sleeperish

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i say get some antharicite bullits, a mach ching spoiler, throw on a 95 cobra R hood, honeycomb black out panel sold on americanmuslce.com,get some tint if you dont have it, lower it if you dont have that done, and you have a sexy ride, very very sexy stang then
i hate the bullitt/torque thrust wheels on the new edge cars. the 95 r hood is ok, just like the 2k better. the blackout panel is ok, i dont think its me really. i do all my own tinting, and its lowered with c-springs. you can check out all my mods in my garage.

im all about the sleeper look, as you can tell by my car lol. anyways keep it simple and sleeperish
i like sleeper too, but these cars look great with exterior work too. i like your car set up, i personally have to have tail pipes for my set up. i dont think my son would like lt's, prochamber, and packs dumped at 7months old.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i am the fastest 4.6 2v around this area to date. and for poweradder 4.6 2v cars, i have beat the s/c cars around here, and there is a new edge that just installed a hellion kit. me and him are going to eventually race, but i have to get a day off to get a chance.
well.... lol the only cars i have to compete with are 2 600rwhp camaros, a 500rwhp trans am, 2 400rwhp trans ams, another 600rwhp trans am, a 700rwhp cobra on pump gas, and a 700rwhp gt... lol. and then the occasional 9sec tt cobra that comes up from the coast. lol. so looks is not an option for me right now until i get to hangin with these guys. lol

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well.... lol the only cars i have to compete with are 2 600rwhp camaros, a 500rwhp trans am, 2 400rwhp trans ams, another 600rwhp trans am, a 700rwhp cobra on pump gas, and a 700rwhp gt... lol. and then the occasional 9sec tt cobra that comes up from the coast. lol. so looks is not an option for me right now until i get to hangin with these guys. lol
the few cars around that are fast dont race, usually old folks. the few punks that do race a fast car cant drive to save their life. a lot of guys around here are in the import crowd, i piss them off with my winsheild banner:). they have had a few that would bet for me to take it off, but none of them have enough ride to do it with.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
weve got tons of fast cars over here in oklahoma and we line them all up every single friday and saturday night

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
id like to get over there one night, but its like a 5hr drive. me and doc are having fun racing eachother, but starting to get old no one else to give a good race. i kind of want to body kit the mustang so maybe it would get some people to get off their ass and want to do something.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
around here the faster your car is the less races you have... so i wanna stay lookin bone stock and keep it to about 350rwhp until i get some turbos or something... its hard to get our people to race now... i call the big boys out all the time but they wont race me... i called my buddy with the 700rwhp cobra out and he wont race me cuz he know ill hook and he wont.. lol. i think i could get him on the street... from a dig that is.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i wouldnt have anything to lose by racing a fast car... cuz im expected to lose... but if i beat them they know everyone will never let them live it down. ha

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
sleeper all the way. with the mach chin spoiler and whatever set up on rims you want. im a fan of the bullits or the fr500. i think it would be an awesome sleeper.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am all about your sleeper look..... minus the roush rear wing. The front bumber is pretty ugly...so that is a definite upgrade. I put a 3" cowl on my last year and looks awesome, so I think you will be real happy with that.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i like the look of the cowl hood on the dark green cars, mineral grey, and dsg, but havent seen other colors that i really like. i dont think i would ever run a cowl on mine unless it was really cheap. show and go is great, and i think the new edge cars does great on both. that is why i am in a toss up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts