Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive done some reading thru a couple threads and im posting this just to ask around and make sure im getting my facts straight before i really start pricing everything out and saving.....i want to buy the zex wet kit from am, seems like a great price for the amount of power you get for it, dont quite have the funds for a turbo/sc setup and wouldnt for quite some time...i will be adding the window switch and blow down kit, but what im getting at is i have a completely stock top/bottom end as well as fuel system......75 or 100 shot is really the range i want to stay in correct? this car is my dd and ill be staying light on the throttle so im not activating the nitrous all the time but i do like to get on it once in a while to keep some of those little rice burners in check, but some of them are a little too close for comfort and i really wanna make a statement without compromising the safety of my block.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
As long as you take the necessary precautions nitrous is just as safe as most mods.75-100 is perfect for your needs and I'm in the same boat you are with being your dd etc. On top of the window switch and blow down tube you'll also need a bottle gauge, 1 step colder plugs (autolite ht0) and have a tuner pull some timing and your set.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, thanks for the info! did you do install yourself or have it done at the shop? something like this i would be too nervous to install myself, i'd rather have the liability on someone else in case something goes wrong, just trying to get a general idea on install cost if you did

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ill probably give it a shot on my own then if its fairly easy. worth a shot! also curious, what do you see for gains in torque? am only advertises hp gains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts