Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really interested in buying this will it be ok with stock motor and if so can i run 125 shots and is that about 125 hp and i will only use this for track so not everyday wear and tear

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yeah you can run a 125shots lol my advice is to RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
With a 125shot and a tire that will grip yes BUT you need to read up on nitrous before you go buying anything.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I agree with Baz, definitely read up on it before you think it is what you want compared to what you need.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I have yet to run faster on the spray than on the motor bc of wheel spin. Type my name in the search box up top and look through the threads I have created till you see one about nitrous, I have a full write up with all the info you need. I would look it up for you but I'm on a phone and it would take too long.

Reactions: mbtech

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have yet to run faster on the spray than on the motor bc of wheel spin. Type my name in the search box up top and look through the threads I have created till you see one about nitrous, I have a full write up with all the info you need. I would look it up for you but I'm on a phone and it would take too long.
what an awesome read thanks

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
If you buy the kit I would recommend starting with a 75 shot and wokring up to the 125 shot after you have used it some.

I would also recommend getting the Traction Control Switch. I use one on my car, once you activate the system all you have to do is drive. You set the RPM you want it to activate and also the RPM to deactivate. Using the TCS you don't have to think about hitting a spray button and letting off before you have to shift. It will also keep you from activating the spray when your RPMs are too low, that's what leads to a nitrous backfire.

Also for a car you drive on the street I would recommend getting the SCT 4 bank chip with the switch. Using a 100-125 shot you will need to retard the timing. When you're just driving without the nitrous running on retarded timing you want be getting the same performance. With the switch you can switch between tunes while driving.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
im really interested in buying this will it be ok with stock motor and if so can i run 125 shots and is that about 125 hp and i will only use this for track so not everyday wear and tear
The zex wet kit #82023 rates the shot at the motor. The 125 shot is about 102 rwhp. Start with the 75 shot and still play it safe with a dyno tune to at least check the air/fuel. On EFI vehicles, you don't want the nitrous activating under 3000 rpm's and you want the nitrous to shut of before hitting the factory rev limiter. You will want a window switch. You need to run 1 step colder plug (like TR-6) at .035" gap. Run the best octane fuel you can get.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
How much is the switch chip?
I bought mine from an authorized SCT tuner/trainer at cost. He installed the switch for me while he was downloading the nitrous tune onto the chip. You can purchase the SCT chip from American Muscle, I don't know if they carry the switch.

The company that used to make a coin holder delete for the switch is no longer in business. I'm going to make my own one of these days, right now I have mine hanging out from under the dash on the drivers side so I can reach it real easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts