Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying this for my nitrous set up, only $319 from jegs and safe on stock internals, good for 15-30 hp, think it would be a good choice paired with a tuner?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Once your into everything... You'll be looking at about 1,500$

You know, digital window switch, bottle heater, bottle opener, purge.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Ooooo yeah I saw somewhere else a nitrous kit for 350$, and I started thinking it would be easy and cheap to get some nice power, but I guess all those extra expenses add up... :(

·
Registered
811 Posts
if you wanted just to run the basics could you get by with just the $350 kit and not buy extras? plus a tune of course

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Thinking about buying this for my nitrous set up, only $319 from jegs and safe on stock internals, good for 15-30 hp, think it would be a good choice paired with a tuner?
That kit sounds like a dry kit for a motorcycle.
You will need a kit capable of 150. A wet kit is what you want...It's much easier to tune.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
if you wanted just to run the basics could you get by with just the $350 kit and not buy extras? plus a tune of course
Yes...you could run it on a micro switch but you will still need heater,purge, and nitrous gague if one is not on the bottle for consistency in runs.

·
Registered
811 Posts
wo wso it does end up costing alot more. darn i was thinking bout it also.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Yep most people fail to mention that after the safety features your well into the 1,800$ range, unless you get some great used deals. And if you skip them, you eventually get deeper into your pocket book with buying a new motor.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Yep most people fail to mention that after the safety features your well into the 1,800$ range, unless you get some great used deals. And if you skip them, you eventually get deeper into your pocket book with buying a new motor.
Damn. I could get the full H/C/I setup from SSM, and not have to worry about blowing the engine, or refilling bottles, for that much money.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
15-30hp? I think thats teh wrong kit

Once your into everything... You'll be looking at about 1,500$

You know, digital window switch, bottle heater, bottle opener, purge.
You don't need a window switch, bottle heater, or opener. But You right, its not just the cost of the kit (like i thought)

After allw as said and done, I spent about $750 bucks on my entire project.

$350 for a holley sniper 75 wet shot (please go wet shot, youll thank yourself)
$xxx for a pressure guage
$390 for a tuner w/ nitrous tune
$xxx for air to fuel guage

It definately adds up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts