Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to install the Zex window switch on my 2007 Mustang GT. I have tested my Zex wet kit and it is functional without the window switch. This is my current set up:

-White wire from NMU to white wire on window switch (was told it doesn't matter which one).
-White wire from window switch to TPS t-tap connection.
-Black wire ground.
-Red wire t-tapped into 12V switched power supply.
-Green wire to coil closest to the driver, on the driver's side on the wire that is not red.

Current programming set up:

-Step 1 has it set to 00 because it is hooked up to an individual coil.
-Step 2 has it set to 0 because I don't want skip shift.
-Step 3 has it set to .030 for 3,000 RPMs.
-Step 4 has it set to .060 for 6,000 RPMs.

This unit reads my tach signal perfectly and indicates that it is in the window once it hits 3,000 RPMs, but when everything is turned on and bottle is open, the solenoids on the NMU never open. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I am going to try when I take my lunch today, is I'm going to set the activation RPM on the window switch to 0 so that I can just test to see if the NMU solenoids click and will be setting up my phone to record to see if the light on the NMU turns on. Upon clicking successfully, I will then set it for 030 and perform the same test, granted not being able to hear any audible clicking. I'll just be recording to see if the light on the NMU turns on. Correct me if my assumptions are wrong please. This is just a real headache.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double checked everything and did as I said I would, modified the wiring to include the resistor wire that was included in the kit. Tested it with window at 0 RPMs and "click." Great, so switched it to 030 and 060 and it is activating now during that window.

New issue: Sputtering. Didnt' do this before the window switch. Almost acts like the solenoids are opening and closing. It will start to pull, then stop then start again. The RPMs seem to stay climbing in the window switch and don't get all crazy like some people have problems with.

It's not the usual suspects like a clogged fuel filter or spark plug misfire because if I remove the window switch from the equation, it runs fine. I suppose there's no other option but a bad ground or a weak electrical connection. Will be working on that this evening.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ahh i see you used a coil for the tach signal... I know the instructions say to do so but the coil makes that a really noisy wire for a tach signal source... Use an injector instead and it should resolve your problem. Clamp on to a Negative (black) wire off of an injector.

It may help after rereading your post. My nitrous was acting that way to when I first started running it. Make sure the feed tube inside the bottle is at the bottom side of the bottle. I had my bottle rolled upside down, Line coming off the top and it was causing the nitrous to surge. You want the line to to be facing down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Attached is the bottle set up. I have it at an angle, with the assumption that the feed tube is pointed at a downward angle relative to the Zex sticker on the bottle. At the angle it's at, it should have no problem...I believe.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Shouldn't have any feed problems. That is correct. Maybe try getting your tach signal off the injector. When your WOT its hard to say what that window switch is doing on the noisy coil.

What did you do for a tune? A nitrous tune from Bama helped me out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah running the 93 octane 100 shot from bama. Going to rewire it all tomorrow and go off the injector.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I figured it out.

For me anyway, it required getting the tach signal off of the injector wire, not the coil. Now it is not cutting out at all and runs like a champ.

·
Registered
719 Posts
did you run the green wire from the window switch to the injector? What injector did U splice into? I'm having thus exact same issue with my window switch. Iv rewired the damn thing three times now, IM getting very aggravated with it.

Also mine is an 04 gt, not sure if it matters or not but just throwing that in.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I used my back Firewall driver side injector. It doesn't matter which one at least on the S197's. I am not sure about the 2v's but I couldn't imagine it being any different.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Can I ask you a question? I bought a kit and have the same window switch. How did you program your WOT switch coming from the nitrous solenoid? I tried programming it with both white wires connected through the window switch and when I would get done programming and turn the arm switch back on, the solenoids sounded like machine guns. The only way that I am able to program it is if I connect the white wire from the nitrous solenoids directly to my TPS ouput wire, then it works fine.

The instructions doesn't say anything about programming the solenoid box after this is installed. So I am confused on how to actually program it so it knows where WOT is...Am I supposed to program the solenoid's to WOT, and THEN hook up the traction control window switch and then I am good?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.