Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided to pull the Head off of my inline 6 and found the reason for my overheating problems...maybe?

how about this one: a lollipop stick jammed in the front coolant passage:confused:. the hole was totaly blocked by dirt and crap... I was so certain that the head gasket was no good, but im replacing it anyways. ALSO, after having the head pressure tested, i found out that its cracked(YAY...not!!!). not enough for the coolant to mix with the oil, or vis versa, but still...New 200 head and exhaust manifold on their way =]

i'll try to take pics and post em up.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i wanted to do, but im a starving college student. i was lucky enough to find the head as cheap as i did. got it from Sid at Ford New Old Stock here in the bay area.

i plan on keeping the I6 in the car. after seeing yours, i don't want a V8 anymore.

how much does your car weigh? i took mine to a scale and it read 2650. and that was loaded up with camping gear, 3 toolboxes, a cooler, and a jug of racing fuel.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i did a lot of channeling and cutting on mine.it comes in at 2210.
you can use the head off any 250 granada.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
250 head,185 intake valves,155 exhaust valves,ported and [email protected] flat top pistons with two valve releifs.hardened rods.crain cam with solid lifters and custom push rods.overhead rocker oiling and roller rockers,homemade pushrod guides.double roller timing chain and gears.three 1966 corvair one barrel carbs built by me with progressive linkage.dual 2 i/2 inch exhaust all the way with flowmasters.t-5 five speed with 4.11 posi rear,hei dist.a lot more but to much to list.150 shot of nitrous.14 lb blower going on this winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts