Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any feedback on zoom clutches? I'm gonna put a new clutch and flywheel in my fox when the motor goes back in but I'm not looking to break the bank ya know, great price, not sure on the quality though...any input is appreciated thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Anyone have any feedback on zoom clutches? I'm gonna put a new clutch and flywheel in my fox when the motor goes back in but I'm not looking to break the bank ya know, great price, not sure on the quality though...any input is appreciated thanks guys!

My friend had one in his 306 mustang and it worked great. Soft pedal and it grabbed like a mofo!

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
I hated mine, it chattered and grabbed way too hard for street driving. May have been nice on the track but I never found out

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hope you are making some hellacious steam to warrant a stage 3 otherwise you will probably hate it. This last year I tried out a zoom after alot of research prior to purchasing, I kept ending back at the zoom line. After being talked out of the kevlar series by the Factory Stock guys I chose to go with the Zoom 30048. I drove it 85 miles daily and beat the living snot out of it on drag radials all season long with 6k+ launches. The pedal was no more stiff than any other clutch that I've had in the car. It survived nearly the entire season, more than I can say about the CF I had in there prior to this one. One particular 90° day I made 17 back to back passes and the clutch never so much as though about slipping. It only began very late in the fall and that was after 5 or 6 passes on it that day. I would absolutely recommend the Zoom series to anyone. Perfection clutch is the parent company to Zoom and Brute Power and I'm not sure as to what degree, but Zoom and Fidanza are also teamed up now. Advance Auto sells the Perfection and Zoom brand and you can get a heck of a discount on them online, in fact I will be trying out the super cheap Perfection branded Zoom in the spring. It's sold as a Perfection from Advance but a Zoom on Summit. For the price you can get it after the discount at Advance it's hard not to try it to see how it works for the combination to get some more clutch testing under the belt. Other than a couple bucks all I'll be out is a couple hours labor if it doesn't work out, if it doesn't, I'll most likely be going with the same 30048.

You can see the abuse of this clutch in many of my vids @ TooSlo86's channel - YouTube

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
^^^ to be honest my friends car only made about 300-310 to the wheels and it worked great. No chatter, no buck/hard grab etc. The tranny shifted great every time and it never ever slipped.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope you are making some hellacious steam to warrant a stage 3 otherwise you will probably hate it. This last year I tried out a zoom after alot of research prior to purchasing, I kept ending back at the zoom line. After being talked out of the kevlar series by the Factory Stock guys I chose to go with the Zoom 30048. I drove it 85 miles daily and beat the living snot out of it on drag radials all season long with 6k+ launches. The pedal was no more stiff than any other clutch that I've had in the car. It survived nearly the entire season, more than I can say about the CF I had in there prior to this one. One particular 90° day I made 17 back to back passes and the clutch never so much as though about slipping. It only began very late in the fall and that was after 5 or 6 passes on it that day. I would absolutely recommend the Zoom series to anyone. Perfection clutch is the parent company to Zoom and Brute Power and I'm not sure as to what degree, but Zoom and Fidanza are also teamed up now. Advance Auto sells the Perfection and Zoom brand and you can get a heck of a discount on them online, in fact I will be trying out the super cheap Perfection branded Zoom in the spring. It's sold as a Perfection from Advance but a Zoom on Summit. For the price you can get it after the discount at Advance it's hard not to try it to see how it works for the combination to get some more clutch testing under the belt. Other than a couple bucks all I'll be out is a couple hours labor if it doesn't work out, if it doesn't, I'll most likely be going with the same 30048.

You can see the abuse of this clutch in many of my vids @ TooSlo86's channel - YouTube
Thank you, and everyone for the input, I work at advance auto and we actually carry zoom clutches which is why they peaked my interest. I can get a good price on one, as far as power goes, ill be lucky if I see 300 horsepower

·
Registered
100 Posts
Which one are you referring to? The 30048 or the MU48-1? I would imagine the 30048 would have a MUCH longer life if not abused as I did. If you are saying your buddy had the MU48-1 (super cheap one) without issues, how hard was it used? I just figured since it can be had for so cheap it's worth trying even if it only hangs on for 6 mos and hits soft enough to launch hard on the radials as the 30048 did.

You treed me, the above was directed at Stangbanger.

I really don't think you can go wrong with the zoom, especially if you can get an even better discount than using an online code.

·