Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used their products, and can not say enough good things about them. However I have always had black or white cars. Recently, I traded my Black 2012 Camaro SS for this Green 13' GT. What Zymol products are you guys using for your car. Especially those who have the gotta have it green or grabber blue.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
well I dont have my mustang was a black 2010 GT..I have a dark gray metallic WRX now
Glasur was my first Zymol wax and I will say to me its the best wax I have used to date coming from (Fuzion, Midnight Sun, Souveran, BFWD, Rainforest rub, blue velvet)
I am curious to see how others are. I am interested in carbon. What are you thoughts on it. ease of use, dust control, durability? Cause if its pretty good I may get it to use on my GF Impreza

on the plus side I now have someone who can back me on saying how good Zymol is. I know you dont have Glasur but you said the other ones you have are good at dust repellant

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbon

Ease: Cake walk
Dust Control: Just as good as Glasur (but I have only seen Glasur on a Porsche)
Durability: 3 weeks later and its still beading off, however I usually rewax my car at least monthly
Glasur in my opinion is better than carbon when used on a pourshe, however I have never applied glasur to cars I have owned, only seen it applied to a Porsche, Both shine amazing, but carbon is focused on black dark blue and dark gray/silver, if those are the cars colors you own, try it it made my Camaro (black) have more depth and all around "wowed" me, you may like the effect of carbon more due to the fact its more orientated to darker colors and not to every color Porsche.
As for your GF Impreza I highly suggest Zymol Japon, I applied this to the MR2 and it really makes the Japanese paints just glow. Japon, I really thought was hype untill I used it for the MR2, it is definitaly made for imports.
when I get a chance Ill take a pic of the MR2 hood with half Carbon/ Japon
MR2 was black, if you can find it, ZYMOL for NSX is also awesome on imports

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zymol does make the best products, I will say that their glass cleaner wasn't what I would have expected, so for that I have gone else where. Try the HD Clense you wouldn't believe the difference, to the finished product. AmmoNYC has an alternate product that is a very close second.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
good to hear, I've always been interested in carbon, they went for half price on ebay the other day (2 for the price of one)
the best glass cleaner is megs pro glass cleaner, doesn't get any cheaper and it works great
you're preaching to the choir if you talk zymol to vader :lol

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually get good deals directly from zymol, I don't mind sharing. Actually, I use Sprayway "Worlds best glass cleaner" Even though I take really good care of my car, and is always immaculate, I do smoke in it. Sprayway so far has been the best for cutting though nicotine residue build up on the windshield, its ammonia free and safe for my tint and leaves a pleasant smell inside my car. It can be purchased at walmart, and is in the cleaner isle (technically not a car product), its unbelievably 2$ when compared to 17$ from zymol. (lol yea I paid that)I like Megs glass cleaner and it works well, but it smears the nicotine around, and I prefer aerosol glass cleaners.

I like megs better than stoners, invisible glass rainx or armour all. by a long shot

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lets all band together and get Royale!

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always feel like I can never get a good seal on it. I think its a PITA considering the price and (IMHO) way cheaper wax's come in better jars.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
mine is a BITCH to get the lid to even screw on without 50 tries. when i first saw the jars..I figured they were glass. That woulda been nicer.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LMFAO, ever get mad and just try to Force press it on?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
yep and I can already see real small stress fractures going on by the tabs on the tub.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't at look it wrong, it will break.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, I just picked up the walmart line of zymol, I don't really have experience in it so Ill post up how everything comes out. Then I'll post up what hand crafted waxes look like. I'll be trying cream for the first time.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I really wanna get Glasur glaze...

As soon as i sell my pot of Fuzion.....who wants it lol.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why Glasur? its for Porsches, dont get me wrong it makes any car just POP but its true potential is fully realized in a Porsche. Try Concours, if you can apply it well, it will blow you away.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only products used were, Entry level zymol purchased at the local walmart.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excuse the poor quality photo.

Zymol carwash: Good stuff in comparison to armoral car wash, or the other cheap brightly colored washes under 5.00, worth 8$? Defiantly. Still, entry level smells great, as to being slick its a little mediocre, but at 8$ its the slickest stuff you can get at walmart. It is a lot less aggressive than the others.

Zymol Cleaner wax: Eh, well my opinion with all in one products, is that you can't get clean, protection, shine, and durability at once with out compromise somewhere especially for 10$. That being said, it smells great, shine is a bit weak , and for durability I can't tell yet, water beads so-so. In all honesty if it wasn't for the smell and the bottle, I wouldn't believe this was a Zymol product. Again in comparison, its not too bad if you mist water into it and rebuff. I would still stick with this against any other of the walmart waxes. Zymol so far is the best, however being the best out of walmart is like being the skinniest chick at fat camp, how much of an achievement is it really?

Zymol Glaze: For the love of god, don't get this confused with Zymol field glaze which is amazing. This crap, is just horrible, lucas speed wax would be a much better option. Really disappointed, streaks streaks streaks. Panel or MF application both just suck. Water would be a better option, I really want to return this POS. It is just horrible. Zymol, why.

Zymol Detailer: Eh, removes dust and finger prints, I'd buy it just for the sake of uniformity of the product line.

You know how snap-on makes some pretty good tools, but they have some shitty keychains and flash lights that arn't worth a damn? These are the shitty keychains and flashlights.

Please don't guage the potential of zymol by their entry level products, if you want to try these products, go ahead but as a Loyal Zymol consumer, these products are not what I have come to expect from zymol.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I dont really believe in the hype that a wax is created for 1 brand of car. the thing that i dont get about Zymol is they make like 3 versions of Carbon..if you look at Carbon and Japon its really the same damn thing. Why cant they just make carbon and not confuse others.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I always was told the zymol at walmart was turtle wax

1 - 20 of 56 Posts